Why is Wikipedia not more widely accepted in Korea and China? factors affecting knowledge-sharing adoption
From Brede Wiki
|Why is Wikipedia not more widely accepted in Korea and China? factors affecting knowledge-sharing adoption|
|Authors:||J. P. Shim, Jeongwon Yang|
|Citation:||Decision Line 40 (2): 12-15. 2009 March|
|Web:||Bing Google Yahoo! — Google PDF|
|Article:||BASE Google Scholar PubMed|
|Restricted:||DTU Digital Library|
|Extract:||Talairach coordinates from linked PDF: CSV-formated wiki-formated|
Why is Wikipedia not more widely accepted in Korea and China? factors affecting knowledge-sharing adoption discuss why Wikipedia has not been more widely adopted in Korean and China.
They suggest some reasons:
- Competition from similar services: question/answering website Jisik iN in Korean , and online encyclopedia Baidu Baike in China
- "mistrust of the cultural knowledge"
- "national pride"
- "Baidu Baike ... is easy for Chinese people to use"
- Jisik iN "corresponds to the needs of Korean consumers"
- First-mover effect
- It is not clear why Baidu Baike is easy to use for Chines people.
- The author cites the "first mover effect" though Korean Wikipedia and Jisik iN seemed to both have been founded in October 2002.