What is Twitter, a social network or a news media?
|Conference paper (help)|
|What is Twitter, a social network or a news media?|
|Authors:||Haewoon Kwak, Changhyun Lee, Hosung Park, Sue Moon|
|Citation:||Proceedings of the 19th international conference on World wide web : 591-600. 2010|
|Web:||DuckDuckGo Bing Google Yahoo! — Google PDF|
|Article:||Google Scholar PubMed|
|Restricted:||DTU Digital Library|
What is Twitter, a social network or a news media? reports an analysis on Twitter.
- Plot of followers/number of tweets
- Ranking of users by followers, PageRank and number of retweets.
- Average path link of Twitter graph: 4.1
- Retweet depth: 96% of retweets are from the original source
- The time dynamics of retweeting, e.g., 55% of retweets are performed within an hour.
Data with followers is available from:
They used the Twitter API and collected all profiles from June 6th to June 31st, 2009. Additionals profiles were downloaded until September 2009 based on mentions in trending topics. They found 41.7 million profiles and 1.47 milliard directed relations (1'468'365'182) giving a density on 8.45e-07.