Genetic polymorphisms and personality in healthy adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis
|Genetic polymorphisms and personality in healthy adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis|
|Authors:||Marcus R. Munafò, T. G. Clark, L. R. Moore, E. Payne, R. Walton, Jonathan Flint|
|Citation:||Molecular Psychiatry 8 (5): 471-474. 2003 May|
|Web:||Bing Google Yahoo! — Google PDF|
|Article:||BASE Google Scholar PubMed|
|Restricted:||DTU Digital Library|
|Format:||BibTeX Template from PMID|
Genetic polymorphisms and personality in healthy adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis reports a meta-analysis on personality genetics studies. The authors found 79 studies. Of these 33 studies was not meta-anlyzed due to different reasons. 46 did go into the meta-analysis with 22 studies on 5-HTTLPR, 17 on DRD4 exon 3 VNTR, 5 on DRD4 C-521T, 6 on DRD2 A1/A2, 4 on DRD3 A1/A2 and 4 on DAT (SLC6A3) 40-bp VNTR.
There should be supplementary material available, e.g., with data from Table 3 available graphically (p. 473 col. 2), but on the homepage there is no such link.
 Genes examined
- AD 1a
- AD 2a
- HTR2A (5HT 2a)
- HTR2C (5HT 2c)
- MAOA (MAO)
- SLC6A3 (DAT)
- SLC6A4 5-HTTLPR (5HTT)
- ↑ Henderson (2000). "COMT and DRD3 polymorphisms, environmental exposures, and personality traits related to common mental disorders". missing journal missing volume: missing pages.
- ↑ S. B. Manuck (2000). "A regulatory polymorphism of the monoamine oxidase-A gene may be associated with variability in aggression, impulsivity, and central nervous system serotonergic responsivity". Psychiatry Res. 95: 9-23.
- ↑ C. H. D. Bau (2001). "DRD4 and DAT1 as modifying genes in alcoholism: interaction with novelty seeking on level of alcohol consumption". Mol. Psychiatry 6: 7-9.
- ↑ Comings (2000). "The DRD4 gene and the spiritual transcendence scale of the character temperament index". Psychiatr. Genet. 10: 185-189.
- ↑ Sabol (1999). "A genetic association for cigarette smoking behavior". Health Psychol. 18: 7-13.
- ↑ Samochowiec (2001). "Polymorphisms in the dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine transporter genes and their relationship to temperamental dimensions measured by the Temperament and Character Inventory in healthy volunteers". Neuropsychobiology 43: 248-253.
- ↑ D. A. Nielsen (1998). "A tryptophan hydroxylase gene marker for suicidality and alcoholism". Archives of General Psychiatry 55: 593-602.