Cultural differences in collaborative authoring of Wikipedia
|Cultural differences in collaborative authoring of Wikipedia|
|Authors:||Ulrike Pfeil, Panayiotis Zaphiris, Chee Siang Ang|
|Citation:||Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication 12 (1): 5. 2006|
|Web:||Bing Google Yahoo! — Google PDF|
|Article:||BASE Google Scholar PubMed|
|Restricted:||DTU Digital Library|
|Extract:||Talairach coordinates from linked PDF: CSV-formated wiki-formated|
Cultural differences in collaborative authoring of Wikipedia describes a study on the cultural difference in editing Wikipedia.
The researchers work from the four central dimensions of cultural diversity identified by Hofstede:
- Power Distance
- Collectivism versus Individualism
- Femininity versus Masculinity
- Uncertainty Avoidance
The researcher examined the history section of the French, German, Japanese, and Dutch Wikipedia version of the game article up to June 30, 2005.
 Related papers
- N. Hara, P. Shachaf, K. F. Hew (2010). "Cross-cultural analysis of the Wikipedia community". Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology 61(10): 2097-2108.
- B. Stvilia, A. Al-Faraj, Y. Yi (2009). "Issues of cross-contextual information quality evaluation-the case of Arabic, English, and Korean Wikipedias". Library & Information Science Research 31(4): 232-239.
- H. Liao (2009). "Conflictual Consensus in the Chinese Version of Wikipedia". IEEE Technology and Society Magazine missing volume: missing pages.
- K. Nemoto, P. Gloor(2010). "Analyzing cultural differences in collaborative innovation networks by analyzing editing behavior in different-language Wikipedias". Proceedings of COINs 2010, Collaborative Innovations Networks Conference, Savannah GA, Oct 7-9, 2010.