From Brede Wiki
|Brain region (help)|
|Databases:||BrainInfo BrainInfo Brede Database NeuroLex Wikidata Wikipedia|
|Neuroscience:||BAMS BrainMaps.org brainSCANr FMA NeuroLex NIF SumsDB foci PubBrain|
|Papers:||DOAJ Open J-Gate|
Nothing much is known about its function, but Francis C. Crick and Christof Koch has been guessed that it could be involved in consciousness and a electric stimulation study showed that what appeared to be consciousness could be affected.
- Electrical stimulation of a small brain area reversibly disrupts consciousness
- Francis C. Crick, Christof Koch (2005). "What is the function of the claustrum". Philosophical transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series B, Biological sciences 360: 1271-1279. doi: 10.1098/rstb.2005.1661.
- Correlations and dissociations between BOLD signal and P300 amplitude in an auditory oddball task: a parametric approach to combining fMRI and ERP
- Functional localization and lateralization of human olfactory cortex
- Functional localization of pain perception in the human brain studied by PET
- Men versus women on sexual brain function: prominent differences during tactile genital stimulation, but not during orgasm
- Response amplification in sensory-specific cortices during crossmodal binding
- The claustrum/insula region integrates conceptually related sounds and pictures