An evaluation of Wikipedia as a resource for patient education in nephrology
|An evaluation of Wikipedia as a resource for patient education in nephrology|
|Authors:||Garry R. Thomas, Lawson Eng, Jacob F. de Wolff, Samir C. Grover|
|Citation:||Seminar in Dialysis 26 (2): 159-163. 2013 March|
|Web:||Bing Google Yahoo! — Google PDF|
|Article:||BASE Google Scholar PubMed|
|Restricted:||DTU Digital Library|
|Format:||BibTeX Template from PMID|
An evaluation of Wikipedia as a resource for patient education in nephrology is an analysis of the quality of Wikipedia articles in the neuphrology area. They looked at comprehensiveness, reliability and readability.
English Wikipedia version in August 2012. 95 ICD-10 codes
- Comprehensiveness. Lookup of articles corresponding to 95 ICD-10 codes
- Reliability: Just counting the number of references.
- Readability: 3 different indices of readability.
 Related papers
- Is Wikipedia unsuitable as a clinical information resource for medical students?
- Junior physician's use of Web 2.0 for information seeking and medical education: a qualitative study
- Quality of information sources about mental disorders: a comparison of Wikipedia with centrally controlled web and printed sources
- Reliability of Wikipedia as a medication information source for pharmacy students
- Seeking health information online: does Wikipedia matter?
- The quality of open access and open source internet material in gastroenterology: is Wikipedia appropriate for knowledge transfer to patients?
- Wikipedia - a key tool for global public health promotion